In an effort to eat better, I’ve been making this dish lately, with some variations. It is very simple & tasty.
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2/3 cup black beans, preferably low-sodium
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 oz. pepper Jack cheese, grated
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salsa, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Coat a 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, water, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Sprinkle the black beans, tomatoes and pepper Jack cheese evenly over the eggs.
- Bake until the egg is set in the center and starting to brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the quiche cool for about 10 minutes, garnish with cilantro and cut into 6 wedges. Serve with salsa.
I am linking this post with Beth Fish Reads, WEEKEND COOKING.